Saturday, October 22, 2011

WEEKEND BOOK CLUB: Boomerang Bride

This is the book that made me buy an ereader.

Fiona Lowe, a good writing buddy, released her first mainstream contemporary romance with Carina Press in August and I've been dying to read it.

Fiona has teased me relentlessly about being an 'e-dinosaur', because I love my hard and paperbacks too much to tread the e-reading path.

But the waiting for the paperback version of this book (Feb 2012 for Harlequin Direct Reader Service) was too long so I succumbed and bought a Kindle. (and yes, I'm hooked!)

BOOMERANG BRIDE is one of those books you curl up with, knowing you'll smile along with the characters.

It's a heart-warming small town contemporary romance, with an adventurous, displaced bride and a workaholic, emotionally-repressed hero.


Being Australian, I loved the Aussie heroine, Tildy, and her cultural clashes with the American hero Marc. Funny! And loved the sparks between them.

I particularly liked how the secondary characters complimented the story beautifully.

A thoroughly enjoyable read.

What are you reading this weekend?

If you want to win a copy of my current release, SEX, GOSSIP & ROCK & ROLL, pop on over to FANG-TASTIC BOOKS today where I'm being the Halloween grinch!

No comments: