Monday, May 30, 2011

THE WRITE WHISPER: Free writing craft books!




Thanks to the fab folk at WRITER'S DIGEST, I stumbled across 5 free books for writers.



Yes, that's right, free!






A fabulous resource from an experienced novelist.



2. 279 Days to Overnight Success by Chris Guillebeau.


If you dream of being a full-time writer, this is the e-book for you! About 11,000 words of fabulous advice.



3. How to Write a Great Query Letter by literary agent Noah Lukeman.


Lukeman is the author of several fabulous how-to books, including The First Five Pages. This free one on queries will not disappoint.



4. What Publishers Want: An Author's Guide by Greenleaf Book Group.


The good people at Greenleaf have made this brief guide available to beginning writers who are just getting into the writing and publishing game.





This gem just came out this past month. An excellent starting resource.



(Note: I couldn't download the last one because I don't have a Kindle. It's via Amazon.)



Download the books via Writer's Digest here.



You can thank me later :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll thank you now because these are great. So glad you were taught to share!

Cassie P

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks, Nic! This is wonderful =)

Lacey Devlin said...

P.S. I don't have a Kindle either but you can download Kindle for PC, iPhone, BlackBerry, iPad and Android and then read it that way. You can find the links for them on the left when you visit your Smashwords book link =)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Nicola.

You can actually get apps to read Kindle on other devices. I've just downloaded the version for Macs. Look for Free Kindle Reading Apps on Amazon.

:)

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

You're welcome Cassie, Lacey & Eleni.

I'm a firm believer in sharing :)

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

And thanks Lacey & Eleni, I'm such a techno dunce, I'll look into the kindle app thingy :)