Saturday, April 02, 2011

Weekend Book Club: Category romance

Though I write category romance, I'm ashamed to say I don't read a lot of it these days. When I do, I'm highly selective. These last few weeks, I've been lucky to read 3 crackers. Most recently, Barbara Hannay's 'MOLLY COOPER'S DREAM DATE', which blew me away because almost the entire book is written in diary and email format! Remember the old rule 'hero and heroine must get together on the page ASAP'? Nix that! Barbara has written a lovely romance in a refreshing format. Next up is Ally Blake's THE WEDDING DATE. Ally's books are auto-buys for me, because of her fun, flirty voice and characters that are delightfully real. And I love the heat between her Bradley and Hannah in this book! Very, very sexy!
Fiona Lowe's 'THE MOST MAGICAL GIFT OF ALL' was the first category romance I'd read in a while and it didn't disappoint. I love Fiona's small outback towns. If you want a taste of Australiana, grab her books. I don't read a lot of Meds and I like how this one focussed more on the relationship between Jack and Sophie rather than the medical stuff.

And Jack is a fabulous bad-boy doc!


So there you have it, 3 great category reads.


What are you reading this week?

2 comments:

Barbara Hannay said...

Thanks, Nic. I'm so glad you enjoyed Molly Cooper. It was a real shot in the arm to try something totally different.

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

It was fantastic, Barb.

Refreshingly different :)