Tuesday, April 26, 2011

MOVIE MUSE: The Lincoln Lawyer

Writing is the best job in the world.
Where else can you watch movies and read books, all in the name of research!


While I don't get to the movies very often these days, I've decided to launch 'Movie Muse' to compliment my Weekend Book Club, where I'll review movies I see.


Starting with THE LINCOLN LAWYER.

In a word? Wow!

Matthew McConaughey nails the role of lawyer Mickey Haller (from Michael Connelly's novel) perfectly.

I recently reviewed the book THE BRASS VERDICT, a follow up to The Lincoln Lawyer, and seeing the film makes me want to read the book all the more.

Ryan Phillipe gives a great portrayal of the villain: chilling. And the support cast are excellent.

I can't review the plot without major spoilers but suffice to say, there are twists and turns galore.

My only lament? Matthew doesn't get his shirt off enough :)

The muse rates this 8/10.

3 comments:

Kelly Hunter said...

Sounds appealing. I'm all for keeping the muse happy.

Happy Easter, Nic.

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Watching Matthew for 2 hours on the big screen kept the muse very happy indeed :)

Charles Null said...

I sent your articles links to all my contacts and they all adore it including me.
http://www.charlottetowtruckcompany.com