Monday, June 21, 2010

Guest author: Mira Lyn Kelly

It's with great pleasure I introduce you to a new Harlequin Modern Heat/Presents Extra author, Mira Lyn Kelly.
Mira is my shelf buddy in the US this month with her first book so I thought I better grill her.
1)Tell us about your first book and what inspired you to write it.

WILD FLING OR A WEDDING RING? is the story of an almost-one-night-stand that just won’t go away. The setup for this book came to me while I was playing around with a conflict that many women face...The choice between following their hearts and following their heads. Doing the smart thing, or doing the thing that feels good...and just hoping it doesn't turn out to be the worst mistake of their lives. Cali has made the wrong choice once already, and she's spent years trying to make up for that mistake. But then she meets Jake, and once again she's faced with that same choice...
From the back cover:
On her first night in Chicago, Cali McGovern meets seriously sexy surgeon Jake Tyler. Since she's still sore after her last relationship, her head's yelling Run—but her body's screaming for his touch…. For the first time ever, her head gets overruled!
Jake isn't looking for a wife—been there, done that. But his hot new neighbor is in town just long enough for a wild fling…perfect! Yet when the time's up, he can't say goodbye. Is that just because of their sizzling chemistry—or something a whole lot scarier?

2) How do you juggle home life with career? Do you have a writing schedule?

With four children between the ages 8 and 5, it can definitely be tough. But I do my best to work around the kids schedule. This past year, the youngest of my brood hit pre-school, which gives me a couple hours each day of time to write when they're out of the house. In addition to that I often get up early and also write for an hour and a half after they go to bed. It still gives me time with everyone in the middle of the day, and then an hour or so to relax with my husband once I shut down the computer for the night. That said, when it's deadline time, everything changes radically!

3)You’ve visited Australia for the first time and are stranded in the outback - what books are a must have?

Ooh, well in addition to entire Nicola Marsh entire backlist *grins*...Anything by Suzanne Brockmann. She's my all time favorite addictive author and I currently have the shakes waiting for her next book to come out. Also, I love Stephenie Meyer, Charlaine Harris, Lara Adrian, and Tessa Dare.

4) What’s up next?
My second book, TABLOID AFFAIR, SECRETLY PREGNANT! is a "friends-to-lovers" story scheduled for Nov 2010 release in the UK. I’m currently at work on my third book, (working title: Mergers & Reacquisitions) a "Reunited Lovers" story that I’m hoping to have turned in this month.
Mira Lyn Kelly grew up in the Chicago area and earned her degree in Fine Arts from Loyola University. She met the love of her life while studying abroad in Rome, Italy, only to discover he’d been living right around the corner from her for the previous two years. Having spent her twenties working and playing in the Windy City, she’s now settled with her husband in rural Minnesota where their four beautiful children provide an excess of action, adventure, and entertainment. With writing as her passion and inspiration striking at the darnedest times, Mira can always be found with a notebook at the ready. (More than once she’s been caught by the neighbors, covered in grass clippings, scribbling away atop the compost container!) When she isn’t reading, writing, or running to keep up with the kids, she loves watching movies, blabbing with the girls, and cooking with her husband and friends.
Mira is giving away a signed copy of her current release, WILD FLING OR A WEDDING RING? to one lucky commenter.
Thanks for dropping by, Mira.
(and for taking my backlist with you when you're next stranded in the outback!!!)
I'm away all this week (my first break in 5 years!) but never fear, I've pre-loaded posts for your enjoyment :)

11 comments:

Lacey Devlin said...

A great interview. I'm looking forward to reading Mira's first book :)

Rachael Johns said...

Mira - you know I adore you and your work!! It's a fabulous book. Don't put me in the draw Nic, I've already read it!! Just popping in to say Hi :)

Kerrin said...

Wow, four kids! i find it hard enough to juggle just the two! that really is inspirational :) well done!!

SiNn said...

Mira your a new to me author great post and 4 kids is deff a lot for sure


keep up the good work

Mira Lyn Kelly said...

Thanks Lucy, I hope you enjoy it!

Hi Rach! ((hugs))

Kerrin and SiNn, lol, yep four is a handful but so much fun. And surprisingly, they will play together quite often, so I get those breaks here and there to work during the day too. :-)

Margaret Mayo said...

I'm looking forward to reading your first book too, Mira. I love first books by new authors. They always amaze me. I'm sure they're far better than my first one ever was.

Unknown said...

I had the pleasure of reading this debut and it was wonderful, emotional......the perfect Presents!

Mira Lyn Kelly said...

Thanks so much Margaret! I hope you like it, lol. I love reading debuts too!

(((hugs))) Marilyn, thank you!!

Summer said...

This one sounds like great warm weather reading, and with a really fun, unique title too.

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Thanks for visiting, shelf buddy :)

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

And the winner of Mira's book is SinN.

Please email me privately to collect your prize!