Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Speed freak

Regular readers to this blog know I'm a huge fan of the Alphasmart and post raves at intervals.

Warning.
Here comes another.

School holidays the last 2 weeks, super busy, could seriously affect word count, yeah?

Not with super portable Alphie!

I've been writing in snatched 15 minute bursts here and there, with kids usually playing at my feet or asking me to be DNAlien to their Ben 10 or building towering block constructions.

The result? The word count is flying.
Only having that tiny screen where you can't read or edit, and that clunky keyboard, somehow makes my fingers fly. 14000 words the last week. 16 pages daily the last 2 days, all on Alphasmart.

If you're a writer and you want to up your speed, invest in one.
You won't regret it.

2 comments:

Kerrin said...

wow! makes my 2500 words last week feel like pittance! good thing i'm not competing against anyone but myself lol! well done

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

We all write at different speeds, Kerrin. 2500 words is great going!