Friday, March 23, 2007

The final edit

Last night I started doing the final read-through of my next Modern Extra, PICTURE PERFECT, which is due next week.

Interestingly, I already thought I'd done the final edits but it's amazing how much you pick up after letting the manuscript sit for longer. Usually, I don't have that luxury with deadlines to meet and a host of other stuff to do but this one flew pretty quickly so has been sitting for a few weeks.

Mind you, nothing major but I tightened up words and phrases in the first 4 chapters, so I'll be interested to see what else I pick up for the rest of the manuscript.

This is the story where I didn't use my collage as much, though the more I read of this book the more I pick up on subtle nuances that were in the collage. Maybe I picked up a lot more from it than I thought?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I soooo agree about letting the ms sit for a bit and looking at it with fresh eyes. It's amazing what a difference it can make.

Good luck!