Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Post-it note to synopsis stuff

I've had quite a few private emails about the synopsis I posted here so I want to clarify a few things.

Firstly, this is what I prefer to call a proposal/outline rather than a synopsis and I only used this format once I'd sold, to give my editor a brief snapshot of my next book. With my single title work, the synopses I write are much more detailed and done in paragraph form without headings such as heroine/hero/storyline/conflict/etc...

Personally, I like the quick snapshot style as it gives the reader at a glance what is going on but I know the paragraph by paragraph is standard so to those trying to get published, I'd stick with that format.
This would work across Harlequin lines and beyond...

Hope this helps! And if you have any more questions, just holler!

No comments: